- Market Research + Assessment
- Competitive Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Strategic Planning + Operational Scale-up
- Capital Requirements + Investment Funding
- Technology Evaluation
- Structuring Strategic Alliances
- Organization Launch
- Organizational Design + Governance
- Branding + Communications Strategy
- Complex Business Negotiations
“Nancy J Kelley + Associates brought an experienced, multi-disciplinary team with in-depth knowledge of medical genomics and the changing nature of diagnostic testing to assist Roswell Park Cancer Institute in forming and spinning out an advanced diagnostic testing commercial venture, thereby positioning RPCI to be a real player in the field of cancer genomics.”Candace Johnson, President & CEO, Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) had developed an innovative next generation sequencing-based cancer diagnostic and had a need to determine the feasibility of commercialization and spin off.
NJK+A developed a feasibility study, market assessment of the cancer diagnostic market, detailed financial models, and a comprehensive business plan, including technology and market assessments. NJK&A’s team led a technology evaluation process and the (re)negotiation of numerous business and technical relationships that were at risk, developed plan for initial operations, and led initial implementation of time-critical components (marketing, communications, recruiting), preparing “NewCo” for incorporation, launch, and eventual spin-off.
NJK+A oversaw the creation and commercial spin off of a new company named OmniSeq, including attracting financial commitments over $25 million. The outside technology relationships were rationalized and de-risked, allowing the internal team to focus on critical product issues and increasing the ultimate value of business.
- OmniSeq and LabCorp Sign Exclusive Distribution Agreement and Series B Funding Commitment
- Hitachi High-Tech Participates in OmniSeq Series B and Secures Japanese Distribution Rights
- Margot Schoenborn becomes CEO of fast-growing OmniSeq